Friday, 28 April 2017

In defence of Jeremy Corbyn

SHARE


I have changed my mind about Trident and now think Great Britain should keep it, but I do start to wonder if Britain should leave NATO.


Let me be clear. I want Nato to continue and flourish. I simply wonder whether the UK should belong.


Please advise me, dear reader. I need to think this through.




We shall, of course, remain in NATO, whatever I decide I think, but why should we let the USA involve us in wars in the Middle East?


We should never, of course, use Trident and everyone knows Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't, so he is right to be honest and admit he won't. Lying would diminish him even further (something hard, but not impossible, to imagine).


As he's going to lose anyway let him lose honestly.


What a shame he didn't have the courage to campaign for Brexit. For almost his whole political career he favoured leaving.


And how perverse that free movement of people and the prospect of Turkey joining seem to be the two things that he likes about the EU.

1 comment:

  1. We shall, of course, remain in NATO, whatever I decide I think, but why should we let the USA involve us in wars in the Middle East?

    The sole purpose of NATO is to get you involved in wars in the Middle East. And, more worryingly, potential wars in eastern Europe. Getting involved in pointless wars that were of no relevance to Britain is how you got dragged into the First World War.

    Jeremy Corbyn is very sad. He might have made a great Labour leader back in the 50s or 60s. The world has changed and he doesn't understand how it has happened. He's more principled than most politicians these days but his principles are based on wrong-headed outdated ideas.

    As for Trident, it belongs to the Americans. You don't have an independent nuclear deterrent. A nuclear deterrent that is not independent is worse than useless. It seemed like a good idea back in the days of the Cold War when everyone knew the US was the leader of the Free World. In today's climate, with the US a deranged rogue state, being tied to the US in this way is a very very bad idea.

    ReplyDelete