Tuesday, 11 April 2017

No more vigils. After Westminster and Stockholm, it's time to get angry

SHARE
I used not to think so but Allison Pearson is nowadays worth reading. At any rate, her piece today in The Daily Telegraph is. It's headlined
No more vigils. After Westminster and Stockholm, it's time to get angry
I liked these lines.
Step forward one of the usual suspects – Chuka Umunna, Shami Chakrabarti, take your pick – to warn us that the British people are guilty of Islamophobia. In vain do you shout at the TV that the British people are the victims of hate crime, not its perpetrators. Even the most tactful attempt to express legitimate concerns is deemed to stigmatise all Muslims, so people stop trying.
And:
I wonder, how much longer do you reckon the British people will allow themselves to be sedated?

8 comments:

  1. "I wonder, how much longer do you reckon the British people will allow themselves to be sedated?"

    I've wondered the same thing about europe in general for the past 10 years.

    Has violence been bred out of the average European male?
    Was it WW1? The French Revolution? The Holocaust? Modernist secularism?

    I know a great deal of ink has been spilled on the subject. As I've said here before, I think europe is sunk. I'd be happy to be wrong but I don't think I am. "Cuz, the muzzies will raze every monument, cathedral and museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Europeans remind me of HG Wells's Eloi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of that chilling parallel every day.

      Delete
  3. So a return to the Victorian values of the Traveller is the way to save them, as in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who you are or what you mean but our 19th century ancestors were very much more robust than we are. But we have been told countless times how wicked our ancestors were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, this is the crux of the matter. European of today are the same material as the material that fought it out at somme and marne -- They shall not pass.

      OTH, is the "wolf" now the "lap dog"?

      Delete
  5. More robust? Your 19th century forebearers had a life expectancy decades shorter than ours in the 21st century. Well into your fifth, Mr Wood you would have been statistically dead. If not physically on those same European fields at the behest of a morally bankrupt aristocracy

    ReplyDelete