Sunday, 21 May 2017

Escape

SHARE

I think I'll give up on trying to make the modern world less modern and spend my remaining years reading books like this.





Or Fu Manchu or John Buchan or my alma mater Enid Blyton, though she does not really stand up to reading in adulthood. 


Or the eighteenth century poets or Tolstoy any author who wrote when the world was ordered and civilised.

But before then I must write a book or two!

Gentle reader, do you remember Arthur Marshall and that he loved Angela Brazil?

Image may contain: indoor

2 comments:

  1. Or Fu Manchu or John Buchan

    You can't go wrong with Buchan and Sax Rohmer. Leslie Charteris was fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

    Refusing to submit to the fickle standards of the modern world is a noble endeavour.

    ReplyDelete