Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Today two years ago I was in Moscow

SHARE
It was the last and best day of my week in Russia. 

This morning in the Sandunov baths was heaven. A mixture between a Turkish bath a sauna and a Russian version of a London club (the old Jermyn St Turkish Baths perhaps, which were before my time). Uzbek lamb dumplings, green tea, a hot room, birch twigs, a wonderful cold bath, the Moscow of Alexander I and Pushkin incarnate, a hugely diverse array of male members.
 I can't wait to go back. A wonderful country.

3 comments:

  1. David in Moscow10 May 2017 at 19:33

    "a hugely diverse array of male members"
    Ha, ha, ha, did you really mean to write that?
    Worthy of Jules and Sandy :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were surprising. No two remotely the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Tom of Finland than J&S

    ReplyDelete