Monday, 14 August 2017

As I was going to St Ives

SHARE

I went to St Ives for the Tate Gallery and the Hepworth sculpture garden. The first had a wonderful restaurant, wonderful views of the sea and two uninteresting exhibitions. The Hepworths were forgettable too. But the town itself is a wonderful work of art and nature.

I used to like abstract sculpture or persuaded myself I did (Henry Moore and others), but the mediaeval church tower is so much more beautiful than anything by Dame Barbara Hepworth. 


I wonder what the Queen thinks of the people she knights. 


Image may contain: people standing, plant, tree, flower, grass, sky, outdoor and nature
St. Ives is heaven.


I once more failed to resist a scone, cream and jam.


Image may contain: one or more people, sky, cloud, beach, outdoor, nature and water

No comments:

Post a Comment