Tuesday, 10 October 2017

Quotations

SHARE


Jung quoting a letter from a former patient: "Out of evil, much good has come to me... I always thought that when we accepted things they overpowered us in some way or other. This turns out not to be true at all, and it is only by accepting them that one can assume an attitude towards them.

"So now I intend to play the game of life, being receptive to whatever comes to me, good and bad, sun and shadow forever alternating, and, in this way, also accepting my own nature with its positive and negative sides. Thus everything becomes more alive to me.

"What a fool I was! How I tried to force everything to go according to the way I thought to!"




'The artist must surrender his personal will to the rhythm of divine thought, as in the oriental doctrine of the Tao.'
Iris Murdoch



‘I am never less alone than when alone.’
Hazlitt


I read that 3000 languages are expected to disappear in the 21st century. Tears in rain.
Bryan Appleyard

'Tu quoque, oaf.' 
Molesworth

No comments:

Post a Comment